CurvesWear has corrective jeans in different colours and styles. But what are the benefits of corrective jeans and do they feel comfortable? You can read about it below.
What are shaping jeans?
Shaping jeans are specially designed jeans aimed at contouring and slimming your body, providing a more slender appearance. Crafted from special stretch fabrics, these jeans accentuate the natural curves of your body. They often feature additional stitching and panels strategically placed to enhance your waistline or showcase your backside, among other areas.
Corrective jeans may go by various names depending on the manufacturer. One popular brand of shaping jeans is Spanx. These jeans come in different styles, including skinny, straight, and flare, catering to diverse body types and style preferences.
How are shaping jeans different from regular jeans?
Shaping jeans differ from normal jeans because shaping jeans are designed to shape and streamline your body. Normal jeans are only meant to cover and dress your body. The main differences between shaping jeans and normal jeans:
- Special fabrics: Shaping jeans are made of stretch fabrics that wrap and lift your body, while normal jeans are usually made of plain denim.
- Extra stitching and panels: shaping jeans often have extra stitching and panels in strategic places, such as around the waist and thighs, to create a flatter tummy or slimmer legs. Normal jeans usually do not have these extra features.
- Fit: corrective jeans usually have a tighter fit than normal jeans because they are meant to shape and streamline the body. Normal jeans can have a looser or more relaxed fit.
- Available styles: Corrective jeans are available in several styles, including skinny, straight and flare/ Regular jeans are available in more styles, but they are not specifically designed to shape and streamline your body.
The benefits of shaping jeans
There are several benefits to wearing shaping jeans:
- Shaping effect: Shaping jeans can help shape and streamline your body, creating a more streamlined and slimmer look. This can help you reduce insecurities about your body and feel more confident.
- Comfort: corrective jeans are often made of stretch fabrics that are more comfortable to wear than stiff denim fabrics. The stretch fabric adjusts to the shape of your body and moves easily with you.
- Flattering effect: The extra stitching and panels incorporated in shaping jeans can help to properly highlight and flatter your curves. This can help create a more balanced body shape.
- Suitable for different body types: Corrective jeans come in different styles and sizes to suit different body types. Women of all sizes and shapes can benefit from the shaping effect of corrective jeans.
- Versatile: Shaping jeans come in different styles, including skinny, straight and flare, so they go with a variety of garments and styles. This makes them suitable for both casual and more formal occasions.
In short, corrective jeans offer several benefits, including a shaping effect, comfort, a flattering effect, suitability for different body types and versatility.
Washing instructions for shaping jeans
The washing instructions for corrective jeans can vary depending on the material and manufacturer's instructions. Some general tips you can follow to keep your shaping jeans in good condition:
- Read the manufacturer's washing instructions: Refer to the label of the jeans for specific washing instructions and follow them.
- Wash your corrective jeans inside out: Turn the jeans inside out before putting them in the washing machine. This can help preserve the colour and shape of the shaping jeans.
- Wash at a cold temperature: Wash the jeans at 30 degrees to prevent the colour from fading.
- Do not use bleach: Avoid using bleach as it can affect the colour of your jeans and damage the fabric.
- Avoid using fabric softener: Fabric softeners can damage the stretch fabric of the corrective jeans, reducing the shaping effect.
- Dry jeans flat: Hang or dry jeans flat to avoid stretching or distorting the fabric.
- Avoid tumble drying: Avoid tumble drying jeans, as the heat can damage the fabric and shrink the stretch fabric.
By following these tips, you can ensure that your corrective jeans last longer and keep looking good.
Choose the right size jeans
Choosing the right size for shaping jeans is important to achieve the desired shaping effects. Tips on choosing the right size for shaping jeans:
- Measure your waist: Measure your waist at the narrowest part of with a tape measure. This is usually about two finger widths above the hipbone.
- Measure your hips: Measure your hips at the widest part with a tape measure.
- Check the manufacturer's size chart: Check the manufacturer's size chart to see which size matches your waist and hip measurements. Keep in mind that size charts can vary between brands, so always check the specific manufacturer's size chart.
- Try different sizes: Try on different sizes of corrective jeans to see which size suits you best. Shaping jeans usually have a tighter fit, but usually you can just opt for your usual dress size.
- Check the fit: Check that the shaping jeans fit well on your waist, hips and thighs. They should be tight, but not too tight or uncomfortable.
- Check comfort: Make sure corrective jeans are comfortable to wear. They should not be too tight and restrict movement.
If you follow these tips, you can choose the right size for corrective jeans that fit comfortably and offer the desired shaping effects.
Ordering shaping jeans online at CurvesWear
CurvesWear has different models and colours of shaping jeans. These jeans are designed by leading shapewear brand SPANX. Do you want light or slightly darker shaping jeans, or do you prefer white jeans? There are many options in corrective jeans at CurvesWear, take a quick look at the collection.
Frequently asked questions about shaping jeans
After reading the text above, you may still have questions about corrective jeans. We answer the most common questions below. If you can't figure it out, ask us for a free and personalised consultation.
Can shaping jeans change my body shape?
Corrective jeans can shape and improve the contours of your body, but they cannot change your body shape permanently. They offer extra compression to tighten your body and can help create a slimmer appearance.
However, wearing shaping jeans can help boost your self-confidence and make you look slimmer, especially if you are not yet completely comfortable with your current body shape. More importantly, remember that you are unique and beautiful, regardless of your body shape or size.
Are shaping jeans comfortable to wear?
Yes, shaping jeans are generally comfortable to wear.
Correcting jeans can be comfortable to wear if they fit well and are made of high-quality materials. Many shaping jeans contain stretch materials such as elastane or spandex, making them flexible and adaptable to your body.
Shaping jeans offer compression to enhance some parts of your body. At first, they may therefore feel a little tight. This can take getting used to for some people, especially if you are not used to wearing clothes that offer extra compression.
It is important to choose corrective jeans that fit well and are comfortable.
Can shaping jeans stretch over time?
Yes, corrective jeans can stretch over time, especially if they are worn and washed regularly. It is normal for any jeans to stretch a little over time, especially if they contain a lot of stretch material.
To limit the stretching of corrective jeans, follow the instructions on the label of the jeans for washing and drying them. It is also advisable not to wash the jeans too often and instead air them between wearing.
If you find that over time your shaping jeans stretch too much and no longer offer the compression you want, you may want to consider buying a new pair of jeans or choosing a size smaller when buying a new pair.
Are shaping jeans suitable for all body types?
Yes, shaping jeans are suitable for all body types. They are designed to shape and enhance your body, regardless of body size or shape. There are also different styles available in shaping jeans, some of which are likely to fit your figure better than others.
If you have a pear shape then we recommend choosing a pair of corrective jeans with flared legs. This will keep your body shape balanced.
If you have an apple figure, choose shaping jeans with slightly tighter legs.